A new systematic approach for training, movement learning and routine creation specific for aerial acrobats and aerial calisthenics enthusiasts, both professional and amateur. They include theory, practice, and a unique methodology that combines biomechanics, programmed training, technique, conditioning, and preparatory exercises.
Workshops were created after a detailed movement analysis with a special focus on progression, development and execution of dynamic, explosive and slow motion movements in aerial acrobatics and aerial calisthenics. Through this analysis, every movement has been broken down to its basic components, very much like the links of a long chain.
The aim of the workshops is to work gradually and methodically to develop awareness and understanding of key movements. Athletes will acquire the knowledge to improve and optimize their training sessions, movement learning and routine creation through a safe and effective methodology which focuses on developing a strong technique and awareness of what happens in the body when executing each movement or performing a routine.
A wide range of workshops which cover dynamic, explosive and slow motion movements, as well as routine creation and preparatory workshops for Masterclass Level 1 and 2, among others. Each one will have customized content. Depending on the type of workshop selected, they could include an audiovisual support, a presentation with photos, diagrams and a summary for additional clarification of the covered topic. This thorough approach makes these courses unique in the world.
BASIC EXAMPLE OF MOVEMENTS FOR WORKSHOPS
- Dynamics: front to back beats, diagonal/scissor beats, side (bell/plank) beats, etc.
- Twist/pirouette and variants: half twist to front drop, 360o back candle, double twist, inside twist, elbow twist, etc.
- Front salto and variations.
- Back salto and variations.
- Back flag/Side planche and variations.
- Vertical/Elephant lift.
- Inverted anatomical position (needle/candlestick) and meathook.
- Roll-ups: regular/classic, roll-up to back flag/side planche, hands-free.
- Spin and variations.
- Two-arm disloc.
- One arm beats.
- Roll-ups on straps (2 arms).
- Front lever.
- Back lever.
- Slow motion movements.
- Drops and tricks.
- Movements specific to rope and straps.
- Aerial specific exercises and conditioning for dynamic, explosive, and slow motion movements for aerial acrobatics and aerial calisthenics.
* Cancellations cannot be reimbursed, however, the student could assign his or her place to a substitute, pending the agreement of The Aerial Movement®.
* For further details, visit frequently asked questions (FAQs) or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, they are open to everybody. You don’t need to have the ML1 certificate.
They vary for each workshop due to the complexity and physical fitness required for the movements:
No. Though we do work on rope and straps, the masterclass is intended for aerial acrobatics and aerial calisthenics, therefore the knowledge gained can be applied to your specific aerial discipline.
They are specific short-term courses. They might last two or three days, three or four hours per day. The number of days and hours might change and can be customized to the organizer’s needs.
They are available in English, Spanish, Italian or French.
No. They are specific short-term courses open to everyone but there is no certificate.
No. While additional information and audiovisual support will be available for some workshops, they are specific short-term courses without access to the online campus.